cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9k - Module 1 returned status "Sufficient free entries are not available in TCAM bank"

Hi All, 

Fairly new to the Nexus line so this is a new one to me, i was in the middle of making some changes to our QOS model and the follwoing error sprung up halfway through applying service policies to interfaces;

20:46:18 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# interface port-channel20
20:46:18 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# service-policy type qos input PM-MAX-MARKING-POLICY
20:46:19 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# service-policy type queuing output PM-MAX-QUEUING-POLICY
20:46:20 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# interface port-channel21
20:46:21 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# service-policy type qos input PM-MAX-MARKING-POLICY
20:46:21 || rERROR: Unable to perform the action due to incompatibility: Module 1 returned status "Sufficient free entries are not available in TCAM bank"
20:46:21 ||

I rolled back the change to investigate/log with Cisco, at this stage i havent logged a ticket with TAC, thought i'd try here first....;-)

After looking into it a bit i see there is a fair amount of info for the 7k but not a lot for the 9k, surprise surprise!

I did find a doco Configure QoS TCAM Carving 7.0 but i'm not sure wheather i should be carving or resource pooling as alluded to in a number of 7k articles? Can we resource pool on the 9k?

See attached for output of;

• sh hardware access-list resource utilization
  • sh hardware access-list tcam region

I note that Ingress IPv4 Port QoS is almost full for instance 0x0 but empty for instance 0x1

I guess im worried that if i have to carve, and i lower a particular allocation that it will affect something else.....

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Cisco Employee

my customer is getting the

my customer is getting the same error when he uses NAT

Sufficient free entries are not available in TCAM bank(3)

he's carved

hardware access-list tcam region qos 0
hardware access-list tcam region vacl 256
hardware access-list tcam region racl 256
hardware access-list tcam region nat 256
 i am also new to the nexus 9k so if a member of the bu could shed some light?

he only has a 26 line acl he's using to allocate the nat addresses..

so, not exactly qos but a similar issue?    the exact same error message, but for nat not for qos.

thanks team,

tricia

Cisco Employee

with great thanks to our cs

with great thanks to our cs-9000 team!  yay!!

customer recarved NAT TCAM to 2048

he's still monitoring and holidays = will not focus on this until january but good news so far.

thanks team!  :)

tricia

Beginner

I am seeing the same too when

I am seeing the same too when applying pretty much the same marking policy to a 93120 that I apply on 384-port 3850 stacks, yet the 93120 runs out of TCAM resources after applying the policy to 2 interfaces!

Going to log it with TAC as it sounds like something is not right....

Has anyone else seen and resolved this issue? NX-OS 7.0(3)I2(2)

Cisco Employee

i should have included:

i should have included:

N9K-C9372PX-E

and    to clear the nat table he has to NO feature nat

then feature nat

i'm going to recreate in a lab.

9k v 7.0.3I42 - clear nat table does not clear it, has to no feature nat, then reconfigure nat ~1x per week.    
far side sees port # changing simetimes Ghil sees port change on his side not always.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards