Helpful
Replies

NEXUS snmp default user admin how to delete

incognito
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

how to delete Nexus snmp-server default user admin 

I have to delete/disable snmp in general. I deleted all snmp related commands except this given below command.

I need to configure new SNMP.

Nexus(config)#snmp-server user admin network-admin auth md5 xxxxxxx priv yyyyyyy  localizedkey

when I try to delete this command:

1) Nexus(config)#     NO snmp-server user admin network-admin auth md5 xxxxxxx priv yyyyyyy  localizedkey

Cannot delete role for this user

2) Nexus-6001(config)# no snmp-server user admin
cannot delete user admin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On nexus environment admin is the super user, the user has all the rights, you can not remove those rights.

The admin user only used when required, you add other user account to be as admin and you can change rquired as per the requirment.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On nexus environment admin is the super user, the user has all the rights, you can not remove those rights.

The admin user only used when required, you add other user account to be as admin and you can change rquired as per the requirment.

BB

hello @balaji.bandi 

Can I change the password for 'snmp-server user admin'? If i can change password for admin user then there is no need to create another snmp-server user.  Is it possible?

i would not recomendto change any configuration related to admin user, i always to make another user for each of task, so you ca track the user activity. 

BB

thank you

why the passwords are the same?

snmp-server user admin network-admin auth md5 0x7a5c53612f2c14bb9886237c2c251 priv 0x7a5c53612f2c14bb9886237c2c251 localizedkey (from up and running config file)

what does localizedkey mean?

for example if i will change password for the snmp-server user, then it will like this, right?

Nexus(config)#snmp-server user admin auth md5 Passw0rd priv Cisco123 localizedkey

I will not change password. I'm just asking

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card