cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus syslog message - Is this a warning message?

Stuart C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I hope that someone can answer this quick for me?  I am seeing the following in Nexus logs.

VPC-2-L3_VPC_UNEQUAL_WEIGHT:Layer3 peer-router is enabled.  Please make sure both vPC peers have the same L3 routing configuration

All the info out there I can find out there suggests this may be a simple advisory syslog message?  Any idea if that's the case, or, is it actually a message to say there is a problem?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Hello,

you could be running into the bug below:

N7K 7.2 %VPC-2-L3_VPC_UNEQUAL_WEIGHT:
CSCuw08846
Description
Symptom:
layer-3 peer-router. As soon as we configure this command we notice the following logs:

%$ VDC-1 %$ %VPC-2-L3_VPC_UNEQUAL_WEIGHT: Unequal weight routing is not supported in L3 over vPC. Please make sure both vPC peers have equal link cost configuration

- CPU utilization could be high due to MCECM process

Conditions:
when layer-3 peer-router is configured

Workaround:
Disable them using the command: "no layer3 peer-router syslog".

Note: It may be necessary to configure "layer3 peer-router syslog" before configuring "no layer3 peer-router syslog" in order to stop the logs.

Yes that is true I did see that. But I couldn’t find anything specific for the Nexus 9K.
I did configure no layer3 peer-router syslog yesterday and it stopped the message. I just wanted to confirm though that the message was only a warning message not anything implying the config was wrong?
Thanks

Hello,

if you don't experience any 'real' problems, and if the workaround stopped the syslog messages, chances are quite high that the bug mentioned above was causing this...

Keep monitoring it for a while...

Please note that this command need to go under “vpc domain <>” config.  

Here are the steps to get into vpc domain config mode and apply the command:

++++

SW# conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

SW(config)# vpc domain <#>    (Put your vpc domain number here)

SW(config-vpc-domain)# layer3 peer-router syslog

SW(config-vpc-domain)# no layer3 peer-router syslog

SW(config-vpc-domain)#exit

++++

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: