Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus VDC NX-OS isolated upgrade

fsebera
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Nexus guys!!

I've been assigned a Virtual Device Context (VDC) with Admin privileges to be used for continuing research and development. Can I upgrade my Nexus 7000 series VDC NX-OS without affecting other VDCs on this box?

Thank you

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Frank,

You cannot upgrade the Cisco NX-OS software for an individual VDC because when you upgrade NX-OS software for Nexus witches it upgrades softwares for all VDC's in the switch.

Check out the document for confirmation VDC upgrade

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Frank,

You cannot upgrade the Cisco NX-OS software for an individual VDC because when you upgrade NX-OS software for Nexus witches it upgrades softwares for all VDC's in the switch.

Check out the document for confirmation VDC upgrade

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it helps

Hi Ganesh,

Ahhhhh, so the individual VDCs are part of 1 global operating system. Was thinking the Nexus platform was sort of like VMware with individual virtual machines where each vm had its own OS. Thanks for the clarification.

Frank

Hi Ganesh,
Ahhhhh, so the individual VDCs are part of 1 global operating system. Was thinking the Nexus platform was sort of like VMware with individual virtual machines where each vm had its own OS. Thanks for the clarification.Frank

Hello Frank,

No, Cisco has developed Virtual device concept with single physical hardware and software running on that physical hardware is been ulised by these VDC's.

Let me know if that answers your query with evidence provided in my earlier post.

Hope it helps..

-GI

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card