Views
Helpful
Replies

nonegotiate

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Folks

trunk to the blade hase to be "switchport trunk nonegotiate" else we will face problem,am i right?

9 Replies 9

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ibrahim,

The switchport nonegotiate command is used to stop the port from sending DTP messages (Dynamic Trunk Port).

The switch port from switch should be configured as a trunk negotiate like below I have the same scenario like you...

interface GigabitEthernet4/40
description Connected to Blade link 2
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk native vlan 50
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 1 mode on

Hope this helps you...

Regards,
Naidu.

Hi and thanks for ur reply

if nonegotiate isnt configured so this lead the ports on the blade to blinking orange?

my port-channel is acitve no ON?

so i have to configure in the interface "switchport trunk nonegotiate"

how can i verify if it set to negotioate?

Hi,

You can verify trunking status in "show int trunk" output. To check the running config of the interface, do show run int gix/y.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please rate if this helped answer your question

so it has to be configured as switchport trunk nonegotiate or switchport trunk negotiate?wich one its ok coz this is a blade not switch to sent DTP Msg?

Hi,

Exactly, as blade cannot send DTP messages, use "switchport trunk nonegotiate" to hardcode trunking.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please rate the helpful post.

what do y recomend the Port-channel settings? ON or ACTIVE in this situation Blade to CORE

Hi,

For the same reason (blade may or may not negotiate on port channel also), I would suggest we use "channel-group # mode on" to hardcode port channel.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please rate the helpful post

thanks

welcome

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card