cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

not able to console switch3750 due to radius login authencation : how to disable login authentication

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have 3750 switch in my lab and i have configured one radius server for device authentication . It is working properly for all the devices .

Bymistake I configured radius login authentication under line console in 3750 switch.

Now i am not able to get switch >

How do i rectify this issue.

I do not have telnet password as well.

do we have any solution under Rommon mode

4 Replies 4

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Do you have any fallback to local system 3750  user database when the radius fails.

I mean , have you configured the authentication login with Radius and then to fallback to the system database , ie:

aaa authentication login default group radius local

Or just

aaa authentication login default group radius.

HTH

Mohamed

Hi,

I gave only below command :

aaa authentication login default group radius

what could be solution for this ?

doing password recovery to change running and save it back to startup should do the trick because when you enable AAA then by default all your lines have the default method list of authentication which in this case is radius. You should always put a fallback method in your authentication and also use a named method using local database and enable as fallback on one vty line to help you in situations like this.

Regards.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

At this point, you need to do password recovery for your Switch according to the bellow document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

Note:

In future configure a fall back using a Local database incase of failure in the radius as well, this would give you better redundancy and fallback method.

Regards,

Mohamed

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card