cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Master 3750 time jumps 3 to 4 sec Switch and Clients.

amitpanwar
Level 1
Level 1

I configured NTP Master in cisco 3750 switch by manually setting clock with current time and  IST 5 30.

Cisco 3750 switch and clients (CCTV camera) time gets ahead for 40 Sec to 95 minutes after 10 to 20 days.

I have reset cisco 3750 switch Clock, Then after CCTV camera gets proper time.

Please provide support on it.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@amitpanwar wrote:
manually setting clock

Cisco appliances are not reliable with keeping accurate time and it is highly recommended to sychronize to an NTP/SNTP server. 

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Helo @amitpanwar,

It is generally not recommended to configure a switch/router to act as an NTP master based solely on its own clock. The internal clock of the switch may not provide the necessary accuracy and stability required for precise time synchronization. The internal clock of a switch may be susceptible to drift, fluctuations, or disruptions that can impact time synchronization reliability.

Instead, it is recommended to use an external, reliable NTP server as the source for time synchronization on your Cisco 3750 switch. This could be a dedicated NTP server within your network or a public NTP server available on the internet, as @Leo Laohoo recommend.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Or build your own stratum-1 NTP server for US$100. 

Imagine bragging right associated to it:  I am so poor I have a stratum-1 NTP server!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card