cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS DHCP relay trought vrf using "use-vrf" command.

iypes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi collegues, 

Background:

We are trying to implement the best DHCP option for our services. We have two Nexus 7000. We will provide different type of services between differents vrf. In each vrf we will need to provide DHCP to the final host. 

I think that the better option is to use an only Microsoft DHCP server cluster connected to a firewall and this firewall connected to a vrf (I will call DHCP-VRF). The idea is to forward the DHCP (with dchp relay command and use-vrf option) services from this way: Service1-VRF>DHCP-VRF>Firewall> DHCP servers. 

This is the Topology:

dhcp.png

This is the configuration of the interface on the Service1-VRF:

interface Vlan2519

vrf member Service1-VRF
ip address 10.111.26.1/24
ip dhcp relay address 10.25.111.77 use-vrf DHCP-VRF
description -= Pruebas VRF =-
no shutdown
vrrp 120
address 10.111.26.1
no shutdown
exit

Current Situation:

I configure the Microsoft 2012 DHCP Server following this document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/200248-Configuring-Microsoft-Windows-Server-201.html

I am receiveing the Request on the DHCP server but the server don't follow the DHCP policies, ie if I use only one SVI on the Service1-VRF works fine but, if I use 2 I can't match the request with the VLAN appropiate scope. 

Captura.PNG

I have some doubts too in how to identificate the Agent Circuti ID, Agent Remote ID.

I will apretiate if someone have any experience/document to share about the DHCP and VRFs configuration.

Thank you in advance!

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card