Views
Helpful
Replies

NXOS EVEng

Enes Simnica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project involving NXOS switches, where I need to configure them to function as one (using vPC, for example). I'm using NXOS images on EVE-NG, but I'm running into several issues. The images I'm using don't seem to support certain features, such as IP addressing on interfaces and some aspects of EIGRP. I'm also encountering difficulties with vPC configurations.

Given these limitations, can anyone recommend a suitable NXOS image or alternative that would provide better support for these features in a virtual environment like EVE-NG?

More Cisco?!

-Enes

more Cisco?!
more Gym?!
12 Replies 12

Image of NSK in eve-NG either work or not

It seem work but yoh have little some issue in Config 

For interface 

I think you need 

Feature interface vlan

For eigrp you need to config feature under address family

MHM

Yes, I’ve tried all the suggested options, but the switch still isn’t responding as expected. Someone mentioned that the Cisco CSR 1000v could be a good substitute, but I’m a bit skeptical about that.

more Cisco?!
more Gym?!

Csr1000 different Than NSK and not support vPC

What eigrp feature missing 

MHM

For EIGRP, I’m encountering issues with features like EIGRP multi-area support and redundancy and failover. The switch accepts the commands but then ignores and deletes the configuration, which is quite strange. Additionally, it doesn’t support certain interface-level configurations (for example under int e2/1).

I’m currently reviewing different documentation to address these issues with protocols and features. Just wanted to know if there is any other substitute for this image on EVE-NG that would support these features more effectively.

more Cisco?!
more Gym?!

There is no area in eigrp it only in ospf 

MHM

There is no area in eigrp it only in ospf lol (lack of sleep can certainly impact clarity). It seems there might not be a suitable substitute for NXOS on EVE-NG after all.

Thanks no thanks Lol

more Cisco?!
more Gym?!

Don't worry friend

MHM

>....other substitute for this image on EVE-NG that would support these features more effectively.
   As I was saying : EVE-NG is to be used on the principle : if it works ok , if it doesn't then bad luck

And or go for https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/modeling-labs/index.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I think I recall NXOS being included in my copy of CML, but also vaguely recall they are considered experimental.  I believe I tried to spin one NXOS device up, to check NXOS config syntax, but couldn't as my PC had insufficient resources.

Devices my copy of CML provides:

JosephWDoherty_0-1725060228353.png

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Actually this is not about 'more Cisco' ; EVE-NG is only an emulator with many restrictions (for intended use). Not everything they say is possible , neither will an image from a cisco device keep working with all features as intended.
     For official testing environments look at : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/modeling-labs/index.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Harold Ritter
Level 12
Level 12

Hi @Enes Simnica ,

NXOSv is very flexible and should allow you to test most of the features you need.

such as IP addressing on interfaces

Did you try "no switchport" on the interface before configuring the IP address?

some aspects of EIGRP

Can you be more specific?

> I'm also encountering difficulties with vPC configurations.

Can you be more specific here as well.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600