Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Object Groups ACL on Catalyst switches C9300

Hi there, 

I was wondering if the object-group feature is not available in the Cat 9300 Switches as I couldn't get it to work on mine. Interestingly enough, I am able to run the command "show object-group" but cannot type any of the related config in the global config mode. I am running Everest Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.06.05 on the boxes.   Any input on this will be much appreciated. Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Expert

Re: Object Groups ACL on Catalyst switches C9300

Hello Nisterio,

I cannot see object groups mentioned even in latest configuration guide

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-11/configuration_guide/sec/b_1611_sec_9300_cg/configuring_ipv4_acls.html#topic_B499C01B0A4F4F6E9DADCDF51BDE99F8

I suppose they are not supported in this platform like in other switches

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Beginner

I was suspecting this answer but needed someone to confirm as I saw in the bug search tool that it was not supported on the 3850 as well. however, the configuration guide does not mention anywhere that the feature is not supported though. Maybe one of the things Cisco TAC may have a hack for ?! Thanks for the quick reply.

2 REPLIES 2
Hall of Fame Expert

Hello Nisterio,

I cannot see object groups mentioned even in latest configuration guide

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-11/configuration_guide/sec/b_1611_sec_9300_cg/configuring_ipv4_acls.html#topic_B499C01B0A4F4F6E9DADCDF51BDE99F8

I suppose they are not supported in this platform like in other switches

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Beginner

I was suspecting this answer but needed someone to confirm as I saw in the bug search tool that it was not supported on the 3850 as well. however, the configuration guide does not mention anywhere that the feature is not supported though. Maybe one of the things Cisco TAC may have a hack for ?! Thanks for the quick reply.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards