cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only one server on subnet can ping test website, all the others CAN'T.

rweir0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I've got multiple servers on the same subnet who can't ping a test website with a private IP address, with the exception of a single server that CAN. They are all configured with the same default gateway, and the tracerts on the servers show that the pings that are failing are timing out after they enter the default gateway. All the servers involved, including the server that can successfully ping the website, have the same subnet mask configured. 

The gateway is part of a switch stack and I can successfully ping all the servers, and the default gateway, from the core switch. I have checked the VLAN information, and the affected servers are all on the same VLAN (including, like I said, the server that can ping the test website).

Does anyone have any idea as to why only a single server in the subnet can ping the website, or any suggestions as to how I should troubleshoot this?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Maybe there is an access list that is blocking the other servers and only allowing one.  Check your core switch or firewall if you have any.

HTH

Thanks, Reza. The issue ended up being on the server side.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card