Views
Helpful
Replies

OQD problem

MSCARO4327886
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have encountered a situation in the following where OQD was shown in large amount of 63738644. This port is a leased line Telco port connecting to another site via an ISP and the connection was not stable. It dropped once in two days.   With Large amount of OQD 63738644, what is likely issue that i encountered. Thanks.    

show int g1/0/1 summary

*: interface is up
IHQ: pkts in input hold queue IQD: pkts dropped from input queue
OHQ: pkts in output hold queue OQD: pkts dropped from output queue
RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec) RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec) TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)
TRTL: throttle count

Interface                             IHQ       IQD     OHQ       OQD               RXBS       RXPS      TXBS           TXPS        TRTL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* GigabitEthernet1/0/1         0          0            0      63738644      15200000   2884     32804000     3859          0

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

(Little information to go on, but with what was provided . . .)

"With Large amount of OQD 63738644, what is likely issue that i encountered."

Generally, interface is being offered more traffic than it's capable of transmitting.  Excess is queued.  Queue(s) fill and when filled, packets are dropped.

Regarding connection "not stable", that depends on kind of "not stable".  When packets are being dropped, without QoS, "special" packets like routing protocol keep alives are dropped too, and routing protocol will assume link has failed.

Thanks Joseph W. Doherty

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card