Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF static neighbours

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi CSC, 

Not in a position to test this at the moment but been wondering if it is as simple as i believe... or not.

If i have multiple OSPF enabled devices on the same ethernet broadcast segment, can i use the neighbour statement to be selective about who become adjacent? I know with EIGRP i can do this. Is it possible within OSPF if i change the network type of the interfaces? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Yes you can -  By making the ospf peering non-broadcast network type which will negate multicast capability, thus you'll require the neighbour statement to establish the non DR/BDR peering

int x/x
ip ospf x area x

ip ospf network point-to-multipoint non-broadcast

router ospf X
neighbour  x.x.x.x

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hello

Yes you can -  By making the ospf peering non-broadcast network type which will negate multicast capability, thus you'll require the neighbour statement to establish the non DR/BDR peering

int x/x
ip ospf x area x

ip ospf network point-to-multipoint non-broadcast

router ospf X
neighbour  x.x.x.x

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card