Views
Helpful
Replies

Output errors on Cisco 3850

as00001111
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all!

I read some topics but didn't really find an answer.

Why do I get output errors on almost all interfaces of all my 3850?

I get no input errors, CRC errors, etc.

Only output errors.

And there aren't any problems. Cabeling is brand new.

Is that a bug?

PS: version 03.06.06E

25 Replies 25

only 3.7.5 is available its ED though or else downgrade or go to denali images , without knowing exact bug id you run the risk of hitting straight away again after the upgrade if the bug is in that release too

is ED a problem?

or should I contact TAC? Could they help me?

ED is early deployment its not as heavily tested for bugs as an MD main deployment but they can be fine too , just MDs personally I would consider more stable from using them over the years

TAC will give you the exact bug id if it is a bug and which exact image its fixed in , Johnds post the bugs look very similar to what your seeing and the 3.7.5 is not an effected version so it may be worth a shot to try it , you will know pretty quick , you can always have multiple images in your boot statements and move between them anyway

another thing you can do is download the cli analyser off the Cisco website in tools section and put the whole switch show tech through it , that can find bugs too , its free as well

I could upgrade one of my 3850 to 3.7.5 and see what happens.

It shouldn't be a problem to have switches with mixed version, should it?

Can you explain me how to work with CLI Analyzer?
I already installed it.

Do I have to do a File Analysis?

you login in with your cco id , and you can go to the file analysis section on left hand pane either upload the file by .txt format or just copy and paste the whole show tech into the box itself and hit start analysis that's it , it will return its feedback after a minute or two

first though you need to collect the show tech off the switch and save it to a notepad so you  an upload it or copy and paste it  

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10606086/how-get-show-tech-support

absolutely no issues having switches on different versions , sometimes you might have to depending on features

damn, I don't have sufficent rights to do the analysis!

markmalone2008  

Where did you get that from that 3.7.5 is not an affected version?

I don't see this version in the "known fixed releases"

Its not listed as a specific effected version , it cant be a fixed version unless its effected first

okay!

can you tell me the difference between 3.7 and 16.3?

Would it make more sense to install 16.3.3 for example?

so cisco are moving all images to the same train Denali and Everest , basically routers and switches will be running the same code throughout enterprise deployment , this is the start of it the 16 images , you need to be careful going from standard to 16  its a different rommon code from what I remember , I would try the other images available before jumping to 16

here's one of the  migration docs shows what's required to jump to them or downgrade

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/16_xe/Denali-16-3-migration-guide-for-access-and-edge-routers.html#id_35763

jmandersson
Level 1
Level 1

One thing worth mentioning is that "Total output drops" is reflected to "output errors" in IOS-XE for Cat3k, which was not the case in traditional IOS-based switches.So it might not be "output errors", just an overutilized interface.

This output is from a ordinary, functional access port on a Cat 3650:

3650#sh int g1/0/23 | i output|input
  input flow-control is off, output flow-control is unsupported
  Last input 3w0d, output never, output hang never
  Input queue: 0/2000/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 50138
  5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
  5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
     27180439 packets input, 5854620042 bytes, 0 no buffer
     1 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
     0 watchdog, 111422 multicast, 0 pause input
     0 input packets with dribble condition detected
     175170789 packets output, 48103411169 bytes, 0 underruns
     50138 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets
     0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 pause output
     0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card