Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet loss Over Hops

AhmedElGarf
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Im trying to pin scpecif destination IP , and I've packet drop while pingging it.

Is there any way to know what's the hop the causing this drop ? I cannot ping hop by hop actually

I need a way to determine in which hop the packet is drop.

thanks  

7 Replies 7

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about doing a trace route?

Traceroute sometimes shows ** and sometimes latency over certain hops , I need a tool or anyway to get that hop exactly.

Traceroute is not getting a clear results , please advice if I can use it to get what im looking for.

thanks 

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You're also unable to examine each hop's interface stats?

interface status are okay up & no flapps , its a physical issue in the carrier media and we need to determine it

thanks 

So you are getting packet loss across a provider network which you cannot access?

Yes , its a VPN link and i need to get the hop that dropping the packer while reching the other end

Understood. Assuming the interfaces are clean and not congested on both sides of the VPN, there are ICMP filters across their network and you really have no visibility, the best course of action might be to refer it to the carrier giving them the source and destination IPs. They may not find anything, but then again they may also find and fix the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card