Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

What are the benefits? One uplink is still blocked all the time and extra SFP / fiber cost? Will this only works optimally with a STP version higher than CSTP? Say MSTP. What does an optimal design look like with a dist switch having an uplink to eac...

Hi Team, I have cisco WS-C6506-E chassi running with "s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ10.bin" suddently the device went to rommon mode by resetting the same came up and working fine but below errors are generated at the problamatic time .(logs fr...

Robo123 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In ICND 1 course, I was taught that I can classify IP Address as following:Public -> Static, Dynamic(DHCP)PrivateThis is how I classifies:Public -> Static, Dynamic(NAT)Private -> Static, Dynamic(DHCP, APIPA)Lastly, this is how my friend classifies:Pu...

Attached is an image which shows the topology my question relates to. I have built the exact same topology and configs in my simulator and received the same results, so it's my understanding that this is correct but I am unsure why. To identify the d...

STP-question.png
RyanB by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IGMP SNOOPING VLC

Hi all, I am doing a lab for testing multicast/IGMP snooping with VLC.  I do not see IGMP traffic when streaming video on the network but I do see the stream, is VLC should send IGMP query message? Thanks William

we have one layer 2 port channel on cisco 3850, inside port channel, two ports, one E2/0/1 is up, the other port e3/0/1 is down, we now add the third port e3/0/3 into port channel, currently we shut down port e3/0/3.do we just need to unshut port e3/...

Mary by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I need to implement spanning-tree MSTP on a networkNumber of switches on the network L2 : 400MSTP technical specifications1 domainNo vlan in instance 0Vlans 1-4094 in instance 1Is there a limitation on the number of switches supported by the MS...

Vincent1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have a cisco 2951 with logging size set at 8192 bytes. Like to check the following queries.1)What is the number of syslog messages that can be stored on my router with 8192 bytes2)upon reboot of my router i notice the syslog messages would ...

donnie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes