cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

packet tracer 3 LAN setup I cannot ping 192/168.20.3 fron 192.168.10.1 or from 192.168.30.1

robert6970
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the IP addressing of the serial interfaces connecting the routers need to be separate subnets, different from the LAN IP address space. Also, there needs to be some sort of routing, dynamic or static.

I used subnets 192.168.1.0/30 and 192.168.2.0/30 for the serial links, and added static routes to all routers. Review the attached file with end to end conectivity.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Are you running an IGP (OSPF/ EIGRP) between the routers and advertising their locally connected subnets?

The same can be achieved with static routes.

cheers,

Seb.

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Not sure how to make a zip file from packet tracer. Please help with that, I am new at packet tracer.

Hello,

the IP addressing of the serial interfaces connecting the routers need to be separate subnets, different from the LAN IP address space. Also, there needs to be some sort of routing, dynamic or static.

I used subnets 192.168.1.0/30 and 192.168.2.0/30 for the serial links, and added static routes to all routers. Review the attached file with end to end conectivity.

That worked thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card