cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer 4.3.3.3.

1styearstudent
Level 1
Level 1

The problem I am having is when I follow the steps and enter: ftp 209.165.201.20 on Phil's pc

This is one of the steps under Part 1 Step 2d: Connect to the Public_FTP server at Gotham Healthcare Branch by entering ftp 209.165.201.20 in the command prompt. On Phil's PC in the command prompt I get: Error opening ftp://209.165.201.20

I can not continue on to e nor f under Part 1 Step 2...waiting for the professor to email me, but in the mind time, anyone out there that can walk me through/feedback to the issue I am having? Thank you 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

One thing I noted on the file I opened it that Phill´s notebook is configured for static IP address and it must be DHCP. Check yours and let me know

FlavioMiranda_0-1683734666839.png

View solution in original post

hahahha.....not that. It is just attention. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Hi

Can you ping the IP 209.165.201.20 from Phil's pc ?

I ping and the message that appears is pinging 209.165.201.20 with 32 bytes of data: Request timed out...it repeats for a 3x more for a total of 4 request timed out. 

Which means you are not pinging.

Attach you project here, let me look You need to zip the file first and then attach

I just email the zip file....let me know if you receive it

oops emailing the zip file did not work.....I figured it out

I attached the zip file in my response....sorry still learning how to go about doing this. 

1styearstudent
Level 1
Level 1

I got the file but it is empty.

can you try again please

I attached the instructions as well. I haven't done anything with it because Part 1 is where I'm stuck at because of the url/link. 

Have you tried from Phil´s PC using the internal IP address of the FTP server?

C:\>ftp 10.44.1.254

Trying to connect...10.44.1.254

Connected to 10.44.1.254

220- Welcome to PT Ftp server

Username:

And on the PDF I dont see Phil´s but Mike´s PC. And the FTP server is 209.165.201.3 not the IP you informed.

Testing from Mike´s PC, it works for the right IP

Cisco Packet Tracer PC Command Line 1.0

C:\>ftp 209.165.201.3

Trying to connect...209.165.201.3

Connected to 209.165.201.3

220- Welcome to PT Ftp server

Username:

I think I sent you 2.5.2.7 and not 4.3.3.3.....give me a few mins....working on another assignment for a different class. 

Part 1: Sending Unencrypted FTP Traffic
Step 1: Access the Cyber Criminals Sniffer.
a. Click the Cyber Criminals Sniffer and click the GUI tab.
b. Click the Clear button to remove any possible traffic entries viewed by the sniffer.
c. Minimize the Cyber Criminals Sniffer.
Step 2: Connect to the Public_FTP server using an insecure FTP connection.
a. Click the Metropolis Bank HQ site and click Phil’s laptop.
b. Click the Desktop tab and click on Command Prompt.
c. Use the ipconfig command to view the current IP address of Phil’s computer.
d. Connect to the Public_FTP server at Gotham Healthcare Branch by entering ftp 209.165.201.20 in the
command prompt.
e. Enter the username of cisco and password of publickey to login to the Public_FTP server.
f. Use the put command to upload the file PublicInfo.txt file to the Public_FTP server.

Was not able to get complete because it read error.....I did not save it to my flash drive. Started over and same thing. 

One thing I noted on the file I opened it that Phill´s notebook is configured for static IP address and it must be DHCP. Check yours and let me know

FlavioMiranda_0-1683734666839.png

It is on static....is that like blocking the connection and to bypass that you have to b on DHCP?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card