cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

packet tracer icons not found

nejones61
Level 1
Level 1

I have the latest packet tracer installed, and the icons in the selection space are fine, but when I try to put one into the workspace, the text indicator is correct but the image of the device shows a black square and red text "file not found."I have uninstalled, removed all files and folders, stripped the registry, rebooted and reinstalled, and I still get the same thing. The art is in a folder, but the program doesn't seem to be able to find it.packet tracer icon.png

24 Replies 24

Hello,

which version are you installing on which OS ? I am running Windows 10, and the folder is 'Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3/art/ComponentBox/...is this what you have ?

I also am running Windows 10, and the same path you have exists on my computer, and the folder is populated with the artwork for the icons.

This is the foler I have. The folder is populated. I'm running on Windows 64 bit.

I am experiencing the same problem.  I downloaded packet tracer this evening.  Everything else seems to be working fine. 

The solution that worked for me was this:

uninstall current packet tracer 7.3.x

download and install version 7.2.2

Copy the file that lives in Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2\art\workspace, paste in a place you can find it again outside of that folder--like on your desktop

Uninstall version 7.2.2

Install 7.3.x

Copy that "logical" folder into Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\workspace.

Reboot, start Packet Tracer, and log in. It should work then.

Thanks, icons now appear!

You're welcome!

fantastic copying the logic folder worked for me in resolving the icons not found error in packet tracer 7.3

Thanks a lot. It now works absolutely well.

QuinnBowman
Level 1
Level 1

Close Packet Tracer.

Run PowerShell as administrator: Win+X > Windows PowerShell (Admin)

Run the following command: 

Get-Item 'C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\Workspace\Logical\*.png' | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "@2X",""}
--
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But, there they are.

This worked for me. Cheers cob.

Thanks that works great.

can this command be copied and pasted in one take?

Also is "Get-Item" a part of the command?

I copied the Logical folder, and put it on my desktop.

Then deleted the logical folder from C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\art\Workspace

restarted my laptop and went back to copy and paste the original folder back into the Workspace folder, and I am getting the following error....  "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder"

Tried changing permission per instructions found online... to no avail.  Can anyone assist in resolving this issue.

* I  am running Windows 10

Thanks! Worked like a champ.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card