Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing traffic between Vlans

daniel2907
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure my cisco 5505 firewall to pass traffic between Vlans. I will provide a basic overview of the current network setup

Vlan1 - Inside - 172.16.1.1 (dhcp pool) 172.16.1.5/172.16.1.200

Vlan2 - Outside - External IP Adress

Vlan3 - Printer - 172.16.3.1 (dhcp pool) 172.16.3.10/172.16.3.100

I would like to be able to pass traffic from vlan1 to vlan3, at the moment I cannot ping from one Vlan to another.

What procedure do I need to follow? baring in mind Vlan 1 has NAT configured and Vlan 3 has no forward to Vlan 2 in place. I am currently running on a basic license.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Can you configure NAT exemption  or static identity NAT and tell us if it works after that, by the way which version of OS are you using ?

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

andduart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In this case we need to verify the security level that you have in your interfaces, security levels define how the traffic will flow, by default, traffic from higher security level to lower will flow with no restrictions, please verify that so based on that we can verify how to proceed

Important:

In routed mode, you can configure up to three active VLANs with the Base license, and up to 20 active VLANs with the Security Plus license.

Hi Andres,

Vlan1 - Inside - security level 100

Vlan2 - Outside - security level 0

Vlan3 - Printer - Security level 50

For some reason I cannot pass traffic from Vlan1 to Vlan3...

Hi,

Can you configure NAT exemption  or static identity NAT and tell us if it works after that, by the way which version of OS are you using ?

Regards

Alain

Hi Cadet,

sorry for late response but NAT exemption seems to have worked. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card