Views
Helpful
Replies

Patch/Fix for C2960-48TC-L CMP telnet vulnerability

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying to find an upgrade for the C2960-48TC-L switch where the CMP telnet vunerability (CSCvd48893) has been fixed, but it seems the latest ios from the download page for this switch was released sometime in November 2016, before the bug was discovered.

I know the work around is to remove telnet option from line configs, but we need to keep it on some switches. I followed the recommendation to restrict telnet access to specific hosts using acls, but vulnerability scanners do not take that into consideration and always report the switches ios to have a critical bug.

Is there any patch around or this should be requested from TAC directly

All help is appreciated

Moe Shea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 2960 series switches have been EOL/EOS for a long time now (over 8 years) and so there is no more new IOS being released. You may want to contact TAC and see if they have a solution. 

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 2960 series switches have been EOL/EOS for a long time now (over 8 years) and so there is no more new IOS being released. You may want to contact TAC and see if they have a solution. 

HTH

Thank you Reza for the reply. according to EOL notice the last date for security patch release is October 2017. As you suggested I will contact TAC and hope they can provide a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card