Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Our loyal RVS4000 has finally reached its limits and needs to be replaced.  Having little knowledge and experience with 2600 series routers and the company already owning a 1900 series router I have been trying to setup the 1900 to mimic and expand o...

Hi, Would like to inquire if how many ports can I allocate per VDC in Nexus 7010? I have read that it is best practice to allocate all port member of same ASIC. But wanted to know if I can allocate as many port as I can in one VDC. Some says that I ...

jrdejesus by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I want to know what is the procedure when someone purchase an ASA from eBay? how to get the license, download image, upgrade the software? CISCO has restriction to be contacted by only the vendors and not end users, so what shall do?   

we want to separate production traffic and management traffic, currently data center switch only run production traffic and NOC (net operation center)only have switches having management traffic, so for design NOC switch, any difference in configurat...

Hi, I have below script:snmp-server community test1 RO 11snmp-server community test2 RO 22snmp-server trap link ietfsnmp-server trap-source FastEthernet1snmp-server location Japan- Rack AZ35snmp-server ip dscp 18snmp-server contact 0081-12345678snmp-...

Hello, Can Cisco provide SDN solution with combination of other vendor like Huawei SDN supported switches ? Logically I am assuming it should be possible as Cisco uses OpenFlow and Huawei also use OpenFlow for SDN purpose. Can anyone share his though...

Is it possible, that the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series (specially the 9396PX) doesn't support port-security? Nexus9k(config-if)# switchport port-security aging time 10Service not enabled There is also no feature with this name: Nexus9k# sh feature | grep s...

Hello.My name is Patricia, from Spain. I would like to know if Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) supports aggregated ports (EtherChannel) in the ring segment.Another question is if Cisco REP supports double-ring topologies (two one-way rings).T...

Hello,I have two sites with 100MB internet pipes to both from the same provider. Half of my NAT ip addressing is done on site A cisco asa 5585 and half done on site B cisco asa5585. My direct access application is coming in on site A and the NAT is o...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to advertise routes learned from one E-BGP neighbor to another E-BGP neighbor. This must be e-bgp, and the prefixe's learned will be changing as needed. The prefixes I receive from neighbor 1.1.1.1  need to be advertised to neighbor 2.2.2.2. T...

genexjeff by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys, wanted some advice as I am not sure what the best way to do this is. We have 2x Nexus 5548 in VPC and I want to connect our fortigates Active/Standby to the Nexus. We have HSRP SVI on the Nexus for some vlans (internal stuff), but for som...

In ASA firewall, normally use access-list or access group to controll permit or deny policy.   But I want to use interface(select inside, outside,dmz..etc) for access control.   How can I use access control on interface ?   Is it work ? and Is it us...

ogremode by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes