Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR and port number

anitachoi3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert,

I would like to configure the policy base routing (PBR) on router (3900) base on the "specific tcp port" (TCP port 16255) to re-direct the traffic to another FE port. 

From cisco web portal, CAT 4500 should support PBR as below:

"Policies can be based on IP address, port numbers, or protocols. For a simple policy, use any one of these descriptors; for a complicated policy, use all of them......"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/3.1.1SG/configuration/guide/pbroute.html

Does 3900 router has the same features on the PBR? if yes, can it support "source tcp port" and/or "destination TCP port"?

rdgs

Anita

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anita

Yes the 3900 router does support PBR including the capability to select traffic based on specific TCP source port or specific TCP destination port.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anita

Yes the 3900 router does support PBR including the capability to select traffic based on specific TCP source port or specific TCP destination port.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Krasnoperov
Level 1
Level 1

Also, from my little experience, this type of PBR (I mean when you define not just ip address in ACL but also port numbers) matched traffic does not usr CEF, it goes like Fast Swiched, so with ~60-90mbits/s I had 60% CPU utilization, so have fun and be carefull.

P.S/

im my case it was 3945 ISR

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card