Views
Helpful
Replies

PfSense and Cisco Catalyst 9300 Layer 3 Switch

Larvaman
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I know nothing about Cisco Switches or VLANs. We currently have a PfSense Firewall with VPN and conducting all of our VLAN routing to a Cisco Layer 2 Switch. Drawing and config files for PfSense and Layer 2 attached.

I was tasked with removing the Layer 2 switch and replacing it with a Cisco Catalyst 9300 to perform all of the VLAN routing and take the load of of the PfSense. I attempted to duplicate the programming of the Layer 2 switch into the new Layer 3 and can seem to get any of the ports to talk each other or to pass nonvlan traffic to the trunk port back to the PfSense for internet or VPN. On the Pfsense side I can not access into the Layer 3 network. I just did a reset to default for the Layer 3 in an attempt to start over, any advice or programming help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am not sure if the IP segments on your diagram are correct or not, but it appears that the layer-2 switch doing some routing right now, as you have a layer-3 segment on the VM side, a segment in the middle, and one on the PfSense Firewall.

Can you also post the output of "sh run" from the existing switch?

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card