Views
Helpful
Replies

PIM multicast not forwarded

vasil.georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got 2 cameras on a site on a switch under the same VLAN.

The only difference between them is that 1 of them 1 Silvernet wifi connection away from the switch.

They are all on the same network as well as the wifi devices. It is all reachable.

The problem is that the multicast from the Silvernet CCTV is somehow not routed properly and not reaching.

when I run mtrace on both cameras the one that is not working shows that it goes via 0.0.0.0 PIM_MT Reached RP/Core [using shared tree]     

The working one has the BVI ip address of the switch instead of the 0.0.0.0 and then  PIM_MT Reached RP/Core [here is the BVI network address/24]  

Should I create a static multicast route? 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have differnt routes on the devies, adding static route not harm for testing.

Also what device model and IOS code running, post show relavant config, and show mroute to understand the issue.

some troubleshooting tips :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-multicast/13726-57.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@vasil.georgiev 

I'm assuming that you trying to use multicast under your Wifi, if this is true then check the Wifi Settings as the Access Point might blocking multicast traffic, as you mentioned those two CCTV are on the same VLAN so at that point confirm that you have IGMP flooding enabled for the particular VLAN across switches.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

vasil.georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have disabled the ip IGMP snooping on the VLAN (remote switch and main switch) which is supposed to enable flooding, bt see no change.

Also tried adding a route but couldn't see a difference as well.

The one with the yellow is the working camera.

Show mroute shows the same thing for both cameras. Hard to understand why it is not working but as far as I remember the wifi devices used to be on another network before and someone changed this. The camera stopped working since then. 

silvernet_port.jpgworking cam.jpgshow_mroute.jpg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card