cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ping test fail but copy to tftp is ok

petercinvest
Level 1
Level 1

my PC tcp/ip setting: IP adrress 10.30.1.92, 255.255.255.0, with tftp server enabled.

my switch vlan 10 ip 10.30.1.93

we don't have firewall

we can launch ssh from 10.30.1.92 and login to 10.30.1.93. also from  10.30.1.93, we are able to copy run tftp (enter 10.30.1.92)

but in 10.30.1.93, we are not able to ping 10.30.1.92. but show ip arp display 10.30.1.92. so how to ping the pc from switch, thanks

4 Replies 4

Ashish
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It appears that some program on your PC is blocking ICMP. Is your windows firewall configured to allow pings?

To test try disabling Windows Firewall and/or any Antivirus program that might be running on your PC and check. If it resolves the problem you need to allow ICMP in windows.

Thanks,

Ashish

Hello,

I agree with Ashish,

Please check the PC firewall. You probably overwrited the firewall rules when you installed TFTP software. SSH is outgoing traffic so it is allowed. Can you ping switch from the PC?

Masoud

I can ping switch from PC using dos command

but not able to ping pc from switch using command ping *.*.*.*, time out is 2 seconds

windows  firewall disable, but error still there

The issue is the PC. Connect another PC to the same switch with the same IP range. Ping the old PC from new PC. Ping new PC from switch.

Masoud

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card