Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me to understand

Amr Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sirs,

Kindly i need help to understand this question " at attachment " , as i think answer C is more reliable

Best regards - amr

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope.  The answer is neither correct or wrong.

It's both A & C.

And the question is misleading.  Let me explain:

C is valid if you are dealing, for example, 2900/3500, 2940/2950/2955 and even 6500 (not sure about the old supervisor cards of the 4500/4000).  If you don't create the VLANs in the VLAN database, the interface VLAN will remain down/down.

A is valid if you're dealing with the newer switches like the 2960, 3560, 3750, 3850.  I can't tell with the 2350 and the 2650/2750.

However, if this is a Cisco certification exam, I'll go with "C". 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope.  The answer is neither correct or wrong.

It's both A & C.

And the question is misleading.  Let me explain:

C is valid if you are dealing, for example, 2900/3500, 2940/2950/2955 and even 6500 (not sure about the old supervisor cards of the 4500/4000).  If you don't create the VLANs in the VLAN database, the interface VLAN will remain down/down.

A is valid if you're dealing with the newer switches like the 2960, 3560, 3750, 3850.  I can't tell with the 2350 and the 2650/2750.

However, if this is a Cisco certification exam, I'll go with "C". 

Special thanks to you mr. leolaohoo , however i am very confused

however i am very confused

You are still confused?  Let me explain further, not technical anyway.

When you are taking the certification tests, what you know from the "wild" is irrelevant.  What you learn from the courses is more important in the wild.

Even though option A is correct (in the wild), when it comes to the certification exams, option A is deemed incorrect.

The foundation concept, when configuring VLANs is being re-inforced here:  Create the VLAN in the VLAN database and then create the interface VLAN.  This must be followed during the exam

Thanks leolaohoo for clarification , best regards

leolaohoo gives very good explanation. answer A is correct if you are going for certification.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card