Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am currently doing some research into the IPv6 routing protocols for an internship.The thing that seems difficult to find is, if there are any security setting or configurations that can be make for EIGRPv6.So far I have only come across the MD5 au...

Resolved! cisco nexus switch

Hi,I am curious to know what is the difference between cisco Nexus switches and the usual catalyst 3750 switches.I do understand the operating system in both these are different. ( please correct if this is wrong )When will we suggest using cisco nex...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I was wondering if Cisco have released the new ICND books. I heard that there will be a lot of changes made to the curriculum. I was looking through amazon found this book ISBN 10: 1587204614 i would appreciate if someone could tell me if th...

Akbarayub by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,1. What does mean of Latency Check in network ? Plz explain in simple Words...2. How to check Latency through PING Command and how to identify result through Ping output like as   Reply from 74.125.224.82: bytes=32 time=68ms TTL=52   P...

Getting the below error.This is a 4507R+E switch running with WS-X45-SUP7-E  supervisor. IOS version is  cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.02.00.SG.150-2.SG.bin. Kindly help here to resolve this error messages.000975: *Dec 10 00:19:04.233: %SFF8472-5-THRES...

hi all,Our Customer used Distribution switches are DistSW4507-01 and DistSW4507-02. These switches used HSRP with Dist-02 is active, Dist-01 is standby.But, the past few days then the CPU of Dist-01 increase to 60%, you can see result as follow:DistS...

Dao Quynh by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I was wondering if someone could help me with class B /17 and 18 subnetting i don't understand how the octets increment i find subnetting easy on class C now but get confuse with increments with class B. . I would appreciate if you can provi...

Akbarayub by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VSS and HSRP

Hi expert,I would setup a small network with two cisco 6509 to form an virtual switch system (VSS). the NIC of servers are configured as teaming. Is it require the HSRP feature on 6509 for "virtual" gateway? If the HSRP is not config, what happen if ...

We have an environment where users create a lot of bridge loops.  We have tried to send E-mails about it and educate the users but it is almost a lost cause at this point.  The loops are created when users don’t pay attention and they plug a patch ca...

cpcall by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello allI wonder if i can have 2 switches configured as VSS and to connect a third switch with HSRP configuration ?**************************                               *********************                              *                         ...

I have no problem with other Line card not support with this card below.  3    4  CEF720 4 port 10-Gigabit Ethernet      WS-X6704-10GE      SAXXXXXXXXX  5    2  Supervisor Engine 720 (Active)         WS-SUP720-3B       SAXXXXXXXXXThis line card not s...

Intergates by Level 1
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes