Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE Class 6 Cisco 9300L - Lancom AccessPoint

Hello community, I have a Cisco switch C9300L-48UXG-4X and access points from the manufacturer Lancom model LX-6500 https://www.lancom-systems.de/produkte/wireless-lan/indoor-access-points/lancom-lx- 6500

These products require IEEE 802.3bt (PoE++, 4PPoE) and 2.5Gbit/s uplink. According to my information, the Cisco switch meets these requirements on ports 37-48. Unfortunately, the switch does not recognize the device correctly. PoE Class 6 should be recognized, but Class 4 is displayed and the access point reports insufficient power. Interestingly, despite PoE Class 4, it shows that 60 watts are being supplied.
Show_Power_Inline.jpg

My port configuration looks like this:
interface TenGigabitEthernet1/0/39
switch port trunk native vlan 50
switch port trunk allowed vlan 50-53
switch port mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate

I also tested the following commands, but couldn't find any improvement:
power inline port 2x mode
and
power inline four-pair forced

When I activate the "power inline four-pair forced" command, the following message appears when the AP starts:

FourPairForced.png

The port with 2500Mbit/s is also displayed during the boot process of the AP. However, as soon as the AP has started up, only 1000Mbit/s is available.
I use category 6a cable and only one access point is connected to the switch so far.

Does anyone know of such a problem and has a solution?

16 Replies 16

@Leo Laohoo wrote:

What firmware is the stack running on?

factory default was (i think) 17.6.5 then i downgraded to 17.3.3 because there where some known issues about PoE. With both firmware Versions there was no difference so i updated to 17.9.3 but also no luck. 
currently 17.9.3 is running

I need to see show inline detail 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card