Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE does not work on cisco switch c9200L

Hello all,

While replacing PoE antennas, I noticed that the switch no longer provide power to the various ports.

Previously there were 4 devices connected to it and checking the logs I found this:

Jun 21 00:39:54.011: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/17, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:54.022: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/18, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:54.763: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/15, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:54.775: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:55.018: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/17, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:55.027: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/18, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:55.770: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/15, changed state to down
Jun 21 00:39:55.783: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16, changed state to down

Since then, even after a reboot, the switch no longer provides power.
I have tried connecting PoE devices to other ports but even through those no power is supplied and also no logs are shown on the switch

Can you tell me how to solve it? If I connect other ports to NON PoE devices, everything works fine

Thanks

9 Replies 9

What is antenna vendor and ver.?

Hello,

they are Merkai MR36-HW and the old one were Cisco AIR-CAP1532I-E-K9

Furthermore, on other switches in the same branch everything works fine (same switches and same antenna)

Power over Ethernet: 37 - 57 V (802.3af compatible) = 60 
can I see show power inline for SW?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What do  you mean by  'PoE antennas' ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Not sure what we can do other than say try the command "show power inline" and see if there is available power. There is also the proverbial "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" or have you rebooted the switch.

Other than that, if you have support, open a TAC. Otherwise, call TAC and have them open a warrantee case for it as it's still sold, so is under their lifetime warrantee. It's possible the power delivery system for PoE has fried.

Hi, 

I already tryied with a reload but I've the same problem.
However, I want to correct the model of Meraki we are using, it is the MR76-HW. the ones I indicated above are for indoor use

Hi @matteobaroncelli 

Make sure you have CDP and LLDP enable on the switch. And check the power to make sure it is fine. 

Can you share the command  "sh environment op"

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@matteobaroncelli wrote:
Since then, even after a reboot, the switch no longer provides power.

On the switch, post the complete output to the command "sh post".

What firmware is the switch running on?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card