cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE issues on 4510 with sups 7E

memcats
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues with POE on a chassis 4510 + r with sups 7E. I am seeing power deny on ports despite having plent of wattage left on the power supples. Steps I have taken so far

Bounced ports

Hw reset line card

moved devices to diffent blades and the problem will move to that blade.

Kind of interesting that I was testing with an 3700 model access points, and all of a sudden the AP powered up, but when I disconnected it and connected it back there was the power.

We plan on restarting the switch, also this switch has the code that we have upgraded to too resolved POE issues.But this is my first time seeing the power deny error when running show power inline.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

memcats
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered the issue this 4510 power supplies is connected to 110, therefore the available inline power is limited to 985 watts, we are currently using 974 watts. We will need to have 220 outlets installed. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

NinjaPirate
Level 1
Level 1
What’s your power supplies?

6000 watts, its our standard power supply that we use with our 4510s. There is plenty of power available 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the following commands:
1. sh module; and
2. sh power inline module <slot where the AP is>

memcats
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered the issue this 4510 power supplies is connected to 110, therefore the available inline power is limited to 985 watts, we are currently using 974 watts. We will need to have 220 outlets installed. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card