cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to Point Link between Nexus VPC Domains - this works but is it correct ?

Cormac Champion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm creating a Point to Point link between two Nexus Domains.  I have done the following and it works, but is this correct or are there potential issues with this.

I'm passing this Vlan off through another pair of switches in a vpc domain, which are trunked

Domain A

Switch 1 - Vlan 99 / IP Address 10.99.1.2/29 / HSRP 1 / IP 10.99.1.1

Switch 2 - Vlan 99 / IP Address 10.99.1.3/29 / HSRP 1 / IP 10.99.1.1

^

|

v

Another VPC Domain X - Trunk Incl Vlan 99

^

|

v

Another VPC Domain Y - Trunk Incl Vlan 99

^

|

v

Domain B

Switch 1 - Vlan 99 / IP Address 10.99.1.4/29 / HSRP 2 / IP 10.99.1.6

Switch 2 - Vlan 99 / IP Address 10.99.1.5/29 / HSRP 2 / IP 10.99.1.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, if point-to-point is on a separate subnet/vlan than it should work fine.  Make sure to test the connectivity by downing one site at a time and to make HSRP functioning and failing over as expected.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not sure how your environment is setup but I would not use a user vlan (99) that is trunked somewhere else as part of the point-to-point connection. I would use a separate vlan/subnet just for the point-to-point connection.

HTH

Sorry, this IS a separate Vlan and subnet - used ONLY for the purpose of a point to point link.

This this an acceptable way to complete this or is there another way in which it should or could be done ?

Ok, if point-to-point is on a separate subnet/vlan than it should work fine.  Make sure to test the connectivity by downing one site at a time and to make HSRP functioning and failing over as expected.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card