Views
Helpful
Replies

policy based routing with FQDN on 6500 Sup2T 15.1 9)SY6

nlg-networks123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts.

I have a requirement to route some traffic out of a separate Internet gateway - aka not the default gateway.

Happy with access-lists and PBR generally, my quandary is this.

On the 6500 I configure an access-list:

ip access-list extended MIA-Bypass
permit ip #.#.#.# 0.0.0.7 host url.co.uk 

So I'm filtering the source to be a small subnet for test purposes and I am going to use this with a route-map with a set ip next-hop command.

All looks good, however when I look at the router running config I see it has translated the FQDN to a static IP address - I know the destination uses a round-robin solution for resilience with multiple address, hence this is no use to me.

What I hope for is to be able to use a route-map with an ACL to FQDN's - am I missing something?

My configuration is

route-map MIA-Bypass permit 10
match ip address MIA-Bypass
set ip next-hop #.#.#.#

int vlan 902

ip policy route-map MIA-Bypass

However when I look back at the configuration I see the router has changed the ACL from:

to:

permit ip #.#.#.# 0.0.0.7 host <IP address>

Is there a way round this, so I can use an ACL with an FQDN to use with a route-map?

With regards

Dave

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

check it, i hope that it can help you: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_data_acl/configuration/xe-3e/sec-data-acl-xe-3e-book/sec-cfg-fqdn-acl.html
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Jaderson, thankyou.

I have been looking at this url, I've found the command passthrou-domain-list is not recognised with our current software version - looks like I'll need a software upgrade to be able to do some of the route-maps.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card