Views
Helpful
Replies

policy based routing with FQDN on 6500 Sup2T 15.1 9)SY6

nlg-networks123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts.

I have a requirement to route some traffic out of a separate Internet gateway - aka not the default gateway.

Happy with access-lists and PBR generally, my quandary is this.

On the 6500 I configure an access-list:

ip access-list extended MIA-Bypass
permit ip #.#.#.# 0.0.0.7 host url.co.uk 

So I'm filtering the source to be a small subnet for test purposes and I am going to use this with a route-map with a set ip next-hop command.

All looks good, however when I look at the router running config I see it has translated the FQDN to a static IP address - I know the destination uses a round-robin solution for resilience with multiple address, hence this is no use to me.

What I hope for is to be able to use a route-map with an ACL to FQDN's - am I missing something?

My configuration is

route-map MIA-Bypass permit 10
match ip address MIA-Bypass
set ip next-hop #.#.#.#

int vlan 902

ip policy route-map MIA-Bypass

However when I look back at the configuration I see the router has changed the ACL from:

to:

permit ip #.#.#.# 0.0.0.7 host <IP address>

Is there a way round this, so I can use an ACL with an FQDN to use with a route-map?

With regards

Dave

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

check it, i hope that it can help you: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_data_acl/configuration/xe-3e/sec-data-acl-xe-3e-book/sec-cfg-fqdn-acl.html
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Jaderson, thankyou.

I have been looking at this url, I've found the command passthrou-domain-list is not recognised with our current software version - looks like I'll need a software upgrade to be able to do some of the route-maps.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card