Helpful
Replies

Port assignments

Ayman Elkady
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i hope you do help me in this

i do have an audio device that is forwarding multicast traffic to other speakers on ethernet network , they are all in same vlan same switch .

i was wondering can i program that if i connected certain device with certain MAC address (MIC) that traffic flows from this mic to a  specified speakers port , and preventing the multicast traffic to pass throgh these speaker ports . but not to prevent other multicast to pass to other ports .

it is a bit complicated

but can i do it with VACL and PACL , since this is a layer2 traffic as well .

another question is can i capture a traffic from a port on the switch and broadcast it to all ports or multicast it .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alam
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to assign different multicast address to partition different mic and speaker?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

not really sure of.your requst as it isnt that clear to me however enabling mc.on a single switch isnt required as igmp snooping is usually enable by default which wlll control.the distribution.of mc traffiic on that device
to only the hosts that want to receive mc.

you can also specify a specific vlan for igmp to.run on

ip igmp snooping vlan xxx

res
paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

alam
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to assign different multicast address to partition different mic and speaker?

yes it will be possible

Hello
Please review this cco doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/ip/configuration/guide/1cfssm.html

http://ciscomulticast.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/cisco-ssmsource-specific-multicast.html

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card