Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Wanted to know if anyone has stacked a set of these switches with the copper 5G SFP on these switches. We currently have 4 switches stacked with Cat5e jumpers between S1&S2. We want to stop using this stacking method and go to the SFP. What is the be...

ciscopnb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A customer of ours, wishes a rather alternativ solution. They have a /28 wan adress coming from ISP, that gives out 100Mbps, going to a Cisco 2960S switch (ver. 12.2) the switch is only holding 1 vlan. Connected to the 2960 are 3 firewalls/routers fr...

benjamin- by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a setup with two Cat 4506E working as a HA,I used a bundle 4Gb interfaces working as ether-channel,I'm facing a problem with DHCP pools on the both SW's,There is no problem if I use the pools on one sw,But when I but the pool on both sw...

Good day,We have the following stack configuration:Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------      1 28    WS-C2960S-24TS-L   12.2(55)SE3           C2960S-UNIVERSALK9...

GoalThe difference between the 3/4 framing types.FramesSo there are four ether frame types.a. Orignal Ethernet frame 'aka' Ethernet DIXb. IEEE 802.3 LLC frame 'aka' Ethernet 802.3c. IEEE 802.3 with SNAPd. Eternet 2 'aka' Revised IEEE 802.3I get this,...

Hello,I have auto qos (auto qos voip cisco-phone) enabled on a 3560 and I do see the following commands under the access-ports:mls qos trust cosservice-policy input AUTOQOS-SRND4-CISCOPHONE-POLICYIs there a reason why both these commands are applied ...

I am attempting to upgrade from a Cisco3945 to a ASR1002. On my Cisco3945, I have interface associated with VLANs. It appears that with the new IOSX, VLAN configuration has changed. Can someone provide a config to setup a simple VLAN?                ...

ynyng by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I'm trying to figure out how these power requirements read out. The 296-48PST-S shows a chart like:Table 2. Switch PoE Power Capacity Switch ModelMaximum Number of PoE Ports*Available PoE PowerCisco Catalyst 2960-48PST-S24 ports up to 15.4W48 por...