cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-channel problem - %EC-5-UNBUNDLE cisco 4507 (Sup 7L-E)

Hi, 

Last month we have this error in our cisco log:

133937: .Nov 30 08:57:15.071: %EC-5-UNBUNDLE: Interface Gi7/4 left the port-channel Po1
133938: .Nov 30 08:57:18.733: %EC-5-BUNDLE: Interface Gi7/4 joined port-channel Po1
133939: .Nov 30 08:57:45.071: %EC-5-UNBUNDLE: Interface Gi7/4 left the port-channel Po1
133940: .Nov 30 08:57:48.742: %EC-5-BUNDLE: Interface Gi7/4 joined port-channel Po1
133941: .Nov 30 08:58:15.071: %EC-5-UNBUNDLE: Interface Gi7/4 left the port-channel Po1

If I will not respond on this massage, portchannel will go down in newar 30 minutes. 

This connection worked perfectly for 2 years, but now suddenly started to go down. Po1 and Po2 are responsible for hyper-v server bease on 2012r2, conected as LACP. First time this error accured on Po2. I thought that it is server problem and migrated all the servers on another, which is Po1. But problem migrated too =) 

1. To exlude layer 1 problem, I have changed all 4 cables. Also migration excluded ethernet adapter of the server and system OS. 

Here is my config:

interface Port-channel1
switchport
switchport mode trunk
end

interface GigabitEthernet7/2
description DBS1 Portchannel 1
switchport mode trunk
channel-protocol lacp
channel-group 1 mode active
!
interface GigabitEthernet7/3
switchport mode trunk
channel-protocol lacp
!
interface GigabitEthernet7/4
switchport mode trunk
channel-protocol lacp
!
interface GigabitEthernet7/5
switchport mode trunk
channel-protocol lacp
!

Does anyone know why this error accurs? 

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you seeing any errors increment on the physical interfaces of the port-channel for that port 7/4

instead of LACP incase its a protocol issue have you tried force the po with mode on

is it continually happening or only last month once off

No error on physical port gig 7/4.

I didn't try "mode on" option

It started to happen last month. and happens periodically. It can work day, but then will sudden go down after lots of error messages in log.

If its happening periodically and there is no reason you could have triggered a bug in your ios version , I would test the on mode see if that fixes it if not you could move to another ios verion , have you checked year release version online to see if there are any bugs related to the current version with LACP that your using

I have checked release notes, but couldn't find any updates associated with etherchannel or lacp protocol.

I will try to update supervisor engine to newest version soon, because I couldn't find any other way to solve this issue.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card