cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding / NAT for multiple ports to same destination port

fadilaimy
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to replace a Verizon FiOS Business Actiontec router with a 2800 series router and need to duplicate the port forwarding configuration. 

I currently forward several TCP ports to the same destination port on the internal network / server.  Currently, any request entering the router from the public interface with destination TCP port 53 or 443 gets forwarded to the same internal server on port 62000.  The Actiontec router allows multiple entries, but I cannot duplicate it on the 2800 because of the NAT limitation on source commands.

I currently have the following in the configuration, but a similar entry for 53 replaces this one.

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.x.x.10 62000 interface fastethernet0/0 443

Is there another method for configuring my scenario or am I aproaching this wrong?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try using the ip address of interface fastethernet0/0 and not the interface itself

if for example the IP address of interface fa0/0 in 1.1.1.1 the try this:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.x.x.10 62000 1.1.1.1 443

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.x.x.10 62000 1.1.1.1 53

HTH

Thanks for the idea, Mani.

This does appear to work and allow multiple entries.  I  have added one additional line and it did not replace the original  line.  I will add some additional ports and test further.

It  seems to add the "extendable" option at the end of the command by  default.  The command reference simply says that this option "Extends  the translation".  Would you happen to know what this option does?

Thanks.

Fabian

Yes, it does add the extendable to the end of each static entry and that is fine.

The  extendable keyword allows the user to configure several ambiguous  static translations, where an ambiguous translations are translations  with the same local or global address.
More info:

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card