Views
Helpful
Replies

Port range forwarding in Router

faruk1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a simple question. Is it possible with cisco router to forward port range to an internal nat host. I have to forward like 100 RTP ports & i m stucked. If yes please provide the cisco documention like so that i can figure it out. If not is there any alternatives without buying any expensive hardwares ?

4 Replies 4

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, i think it is possible to forward a range. You can do it like this maybe:

E.g.

ip nat pool p2p 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 type rotary

ip nat inside destination list 100 pool p2p

access-list 100 permit udp any any range 2000 5000

You specify the range within the ACL itself perhaps? There are examples out there, just google it. I haven't been able to find Cisco documentation on it yet.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Tried that way. It won't work. Used the route-map method too. Any more ideas ? Have you tried it yourself ?

Hello

I am not quite sure of this request but it sounds like cisco pam could be of use, Please review the link below it may be of help.

Pam can port map on system/host specific or user defined ports

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca7c8.html#wp1001121

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

My router wont support the ip port-map command. I am using 857w ISR router. Please any more methods ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card