Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Cords For 3750X PSUs

Choon Hon Goh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would like to check if anyone is familiar with the 3750X switches' power supplies. Its stated in the datasheets that a C16 connector is required. My customer would like to connect these to a UPS which typically uses a C14 connector.

Understand from him that a C16-to-C14 cable is not available from most suppliers, so the questions are as follows :

a.      Does Cisco ship a C16-to-C14 cable ? I understand there was a C13-C14 cable that is available.

b.      Can a traditional C13-to-C14 cable work for all PSUs ? E.g. I understand for the 350W power supply, current drawn is only 4-2A, which is still below the power rating of a C13 cable. Will the C13-to-C14 cable work for 750W and 1100W power supplies ?

c.      Other than the current rating, will a C13-to-C14 physically fit the PSU of the 3750X ? I understand that on the datasheets C16s are required.

Thank you. Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Julio Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Choon,

I dont know the technical term for the power cables etc , so i attached a picture  as i bought a 3750X recently and had issue getting correct power lead i need for our datacentre.  the power connector to the PSU has an annoying notch at the top which means i can use my normal power cables.

Thank you for the info. Concurrently I was asking around and someone recommended to me this part no : CAB-C15-CBN, which happens to be a MDS part no, but it seems to fit the bill as actually, I would need a C15 head on the cable to connect to the C16 inlet on the 3750X, and on the other hand, I would need a C14 head to connect to a C13 inlet on the APC UPS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/hw/9216/installation/guide/techspec.html

Wondering if there is any issue on this.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card