Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All,I have an ASA 5505 firewall that I want to use to share an office internet connection fairly.I need to create VLANs for office1 and office2.   office1 and office2 are separate companies within the building so they should not be able to comm...

mackeyuk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have 2 layer 2 switches interconnected that will be handing out ip's for the same network . I would like to know the best way to configure dhcp. Currently I have the range split with sw1 giving out half the address range and switch 2 giving out...

Any help with designing HSRP within the following design would be greatly appreciated -Four Access switches (4 x 2960)Two Distribution switches (2 x 3560)One Core Switch (1 x 3560)Each Access switch has the following VLANs -VLAN 10 - Management VLAN ...

Just looking for pros/cons if I design a 2 qty 3750 stack as the only core…meaning no redundant core. This design avoids Spanning tree and the only disadvantage I can see is we are stuck to one IOS (since there is no backup core to run a diff ios) o...

aamercado by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have this output from a cable diagnostic test that I did. How do I pinpoint at which end the pair is open? Is it at the closet end or user end?show cable-diagnostics tdr int f0/39TDR test last run on: January 27 10:45:54 Interface Speed Loc...

ja raju by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, I have a question regarding supervisor redundancy on a 6500 running in native mode. I recently had one running with a single sup and when I added the redundant one, it went to Cold status. I discovered that was due to the IOS code being di...

langstonb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes