cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Vlan on 4500

patrick.dice
Level 1
Level 1

looking into how I might utilize private vlans on a 4500- sup6le ver 15.2(2)E3.

Seems pretty straight forward. The documentation outlines how to create a community vlan, however, I have no option to create a commuinty.

Using vlan 104 as a primary I have created an isolated vlan 606 but do not have an option to create a community for vlan 616

lab4500(config)#vlan 616
lab4500(config-vlan)#private-vlan ?

association Configure association between private VLANs
         isolated Configure the VLAN as an isolated private VLAN
         primary Configure the VLAN as a primary private VLAN

thoughts on what I might be missing??

9 Replies 9

Hi Patrick,

it could be an IOS limitation, you can use this tool http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Please check the image and check if pvlan community is supported on your IOS or Supervisor module.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Julio,  yup.....changed to ipbase and now see the option....but limited to one community.

Any idea on where to find some specific docs that might outline the limitations and when they became available?  I can wade through the software versions but that will take some time......

Thanks for the response.  helped quite a bit.

Hi Patrick,

You are welcome. Please let me try to find some information. Your switch model is 4500 or 4500E?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Most of our devices are WS-X45-SUP6L-E running cat4500e-lanbasek9-mz.152-2.E3.bin

thanks.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your license level?

"sh license right-to-use"

HTH

Reza,  no option on a 4500 with 15.2.3e lanbase for "sh license right-to-use"

Patrick

If you are running LAN Base then that would be why ie. see this link -

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_32144-01.html#pgfId-2674444

you need to scroll down but community vlans are not supported with your feature set.

Jon

Hi

Try with 

show license summary

or 

show license all

Sorry, for 4500 (none X) the command is: 

sh lice all

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card