cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Product number & part number in Cisco

Amjad Mahmoud
Level 1
Level 1

What's deference between product number and part number in Cisco switches?

4 Replies 4

Hi

Product number is basically the name of a piece but the part number is a detailed description of that piece, that includes version, revision number, product top assembly.

Example:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/optical-networking/ons-15454-sonet-multiservice-provisioning-platform-mspp/18280-numbers-18280.html

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks Julio, the supplier asked me about part number for Cisco WS-C3850-48P-L  ,  I know only the model, from where i can get the part number to order the switch?

Hi

I think if they are referring to the entire device, it could be the serial number, or try to execute show version it could provide an useful information. 

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi,

That is confusing, switch model should be Cisco catalyst 3850 and part/product number should be Cisco WS-C3850-48P-L. 

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card