Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Puzzling results when pasting in ACL config to switch

Hello, 

I was creating 2 decently large ACL's to match some traffic today and I noticed something peculiar that has me puzzled. 

My first ACL has approx 90 ace's and pastes them fine. When I go back and look at the ACL, it looks like there are only like 10-15 ace's and an any/any pasted as the second entry even though I did not paste this. 

Strangely enough my other ACL had 380ish ace's and the ACL looks fine. 

I have duplicated this multiple times across 2 different terminal emulators with the same results and I am completely perplexed by this.

16 Replies 16

Jesus. . . I just had a DUH moment. 

So this was a large spreadsheet of static routes that I wanted to match against an ACL. I have multiple concatonate functions running to clean up the configs and most importantly match and replace functions to inverse the subnet masks. I just realized it never changed the 255.255.255.255 to 0.0.0.0 and those were the ones that were a problem.

I must have changed them properly on the other rule, but it didnt apply to this one. Sorry guys

BTW, if that was indeed the problem, believe you can mark your own reply as solving the issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card