cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PVLAN trunk promiscuous for Nexus 1000v vethernet port-profile?

Feds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to enable PVLAN on a Nexus 1Kv (5.2x) vethernet port-profile which is already configured as trunk, so I need this port to become "promiscuous trunk".
Every config guide and post I found mentions that that prom. trunk is available for a normal ethernet port, but doesn't clearly state it's not allowed on a vethernet.

We opened a TAC case, but the engineer replied saying a vethernet can't be even configured as trunk..

I'm reaching out to you in case anyone has had a similar experience or knows if this is a sw limitation.

Many thanks!
Fed

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus1000/sw/4_2_1_s_v_1_4/port_profile/configuration/guide/n1000v_port_profile/n1000v_portprof_6pvlan.pdf

- Following this document and looking at the configuration examples, this seems not possible

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks M.,

I saw that examples are always ethernet-prom.trunk and vethernet-prom.(access), however the "SUMMARY STEPS" seem to suggest that config is indeed possible:
    2. port-profile [type {ethernet | vethernet}] name
    3. switchport mode private-vlan {host | promiscuous | trunk promiscuous}

So at a minimum, they should disclose the limitation. Guess no one cares about PVLAN anymore..
Also, from a feature perspective, what could be the reason for allowing that on a "eth" and not on a "veth"?

Cheers
Fed

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card