Views
Helpful
Replies

PWR-C1-350WAC POWER CONSUMPTION AND POWER HEAT DISSIPATION

juan.espada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know if the power consumption of PWR-C1-350WAC is the same value as the heat dissipation of power of the power supply. All the power supply has an efficiency coefficient and in this case it does not have to be different.

In the case I have on the table, I need to know if this is true, since it depends on the calculation of heat dissipation and thus be able to define the cooling system to use.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

optimumdrive
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In the case of power supplies, power consumption and heat dissipation are related but not exactly the same. Power consumption refers to the electrical power the power supply consumes from the source to operate. This is typically measured in watts (W) and is the amount of power the power supply draws to function. On the other hand, heat dissipation refers to the amount of heat energy the power supply releases into the surrounding environment while operating.

The relationship between power consumption and heat dissipation is influenced by the power supply's efficiency. Power supplies are not 100% efficient; some energy is lost as heat during the conversion process. The efficiency coefficient you mentioned accounts for this. It represents the ratio of useful output power to the total input power (useful output power / total input power).

To calculate the heat dissipation, you need to consider the power supply's power consumption and its efficiency. Heat dissipation can be roughly estimated using the formula:

Heat Dissipation (W)=Power Consumption (W)×(1−Efficiency)Heat Dissipation (W)=Power Consumption (W)×(1Efficiency)

This formula takes into account the power lost as heat due to the power supply's efficiency. Once you have the heat dissipation value, you can use it to design an appropriate cooling system to keep the components within the desired temperature range.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or specific details about the power supply's efficiency, feel free to provide more information for a more accurate analysis.

OR you can buy refurbished products from optimumdrives

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card