Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS not matching when on physical interface

Peter Morvay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with applying service policy on router 1802 IOS 12.4(6)

When I apply service policy to the physical interface fa7 - traffic is not matchen in defined classes, only in class default.

When I apply it to the int vlan xxx it works perfectly.

What is the sequence of traversing packet? There is service policy INPUT on other interface vlan. Maybe service policy is examined first on physical interface INPUT and OUTPUT.

And just then service policy at VLAN interface.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Depending on your policy's match rules, they might be sensitive to source/destination fields, which may "reverse" on different interfaces.  You would need to post your config.

Hi Joseph thanks for response.

In class-map I match only DSCP so there is nothing else on varying at packet.

Only logical explanation is that sequence on 1802 is that firstly are served service-policy on physical interfaces and just after this service-policy on vlan interfaces.

Please advice me where I could find this sequence on particular platforms?

Peter Morvay
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have some idea?

Only logical explanation is that sequence on 1802 is that firstly are served service-policy input, output on physical interfaces and just after this service-policy on vlan interfaces input and output..

Please advice me where I could find this sequence for particular platforms?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card