cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Cisco Smart Install

hhhax7
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco smart install working great. The client switches (3750X) I am updating were used in another environment and still have their old configs. My director switch is an 8 port 3560. I have noticed that if I try to do 3-4 switches at a time, some of them wont go through for one reason or another, and just stop before the ios even begins to upload over tftp. If I go and delete the config files from flash and do a reload, it works fine. So this tells me that something in the old config is stopping it from working. Is there something I can configure on the director switch that will delete the config files from the flash before the process of uploading the new ios and new config begins?

3 Replies 3

Hello,

if you talk about zero touch installation, you need to manually issue a 'wr erase' and 'reload', it won't work with an existing startup config:

--> "The zero-touch installation occurs automatically with little or no intervention. A switch with no configuration can be a new, out-of-box switch or one on which you have entered the write erase and reload privileged EXEC commands."

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not possible.
Old configs (can) stop SmartInstall from starting.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card