balen
Level 1
Level 1

How can I Put All VLANs in one VLAN

14 Replies 14

b.winter
VIP
VIP

First of all: This is the wrong forum. This is the collaboration forum (Voice, Video, Jabber, ...). This question should be asked in the Networking forum.

Second: What you mean with "put all vlans in one vlan"? For what purpose would you need it?
VLAN's are per definition separated from each. You can't have a VLAN in another VLAN.

I have Designed from a Cisco packet, for example, I have 5 VLANs and I want to merge them into one VLAN however, I can access the 5 thoughts that VLAN...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dot1Q Trunk

Not working 

@balen wrote:
Not working 

Working for me.  

But a trunk is not a "vlan in a vlan" in my thinking of the definition of a trunk

so there's no way?

A trunk is a "bundle" of VLANs.  So it is, in essence, several VLANs formed into a VLAN (Trunk) -- Poh-tay-toe, Poh-tah-toe

can you speak more clearly? it means there's a way to VLAN in VLAN.? 

@balen wrote:
it means there's a way to VLAN in VLAN.? 

No one but you can understand what you are trying to do. 

No one has actually heard of "VLAN in a VLAN".  

This is a PT exercise, right?  Why don't you ask your instructor to be more clear.  I mean, you did pay for this class, right?  

if you have VLAN 10 , 20, 30 ,40  in interface f0/0 f0/1 f0/2 
then 
inteface range f0/0-2
swithport access vlan <new VLAN>

BUT friend why you want this this will make all port assign to one VLAN???
if you can more elaborate your issue here

I have Designed from a Cisco packet, for example, I have 5 VLANs and I want to merge them into one VLAN however, I can access the 5 thoughts that VLAN

two SW
SW1-SW2
they are connect via one Link,
in SW1 there are 5 VLAN 
to pass these 5 VLAN via one link config the link as trunk as colleague suggest, BUT notice the SW2 need also VLAN in database before you can access VLAN.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It can be done by using access ports, i.e. interconnect access ports, assigned to different VLANs, will effectively merge VLANs.

If Cisco switch is running CDP on the intermixed access ports, it will complain about the mismatch, but VLANs will merge.

Of course, like the others, unclear why you want to do this as it negates the reason for having VLANs to begin with.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card