Views
Helpful
Replies

"decrypt" time-log Catalyst 2960

csco11579831
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could you please tell me how i can "decrypt" time-log below in my show logging on a switch 2960 ?

SW#Sh logging

1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to up
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed state to down
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/16, changed state to down
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed state to up
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/16, changed state to up
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to down
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/19, changed state to up
1y27w: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed state to down

Best Regards.

James Hidden

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Iulian Vaideanu
Level 4
Level 4

It means 1 year and 27 weeks since the switch was last powered on or reloaded.  If you want the entries to be timestamped (with full information) using the current time of the switch, put this in the config:

service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone year

("year" may be unavailable in older IOS versions)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Iulian Vaideanu
Level 4
Level 4

It means 1 year and 27 weeks since the switch was last powered on or reloaded.  If you want the entries to be timestamped (with full information) using the current time of the switch, put this in the config:

service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone year

("year" may be unavailable in older IOS versions)

I was unsure about this one, in this case it's no big deal.

Shawn Guertin
Level 1
Level 1

That means the layer 2 on two fo your port may have been flapping, but I don't know, your log has no time. You should do :

show interfaces fastethernet 0/19 
show interfaces fastethernet 0/24

FastEthernet0/19 is up, line protocol is up   Is good, else is bad...

Add this line to the router:

service timestamps log datetime

Show me the ouptuts of the interfaces and the log

csco11579831
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I confirme that the adding of this command "service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone year" solve my problem.

Thanks à lot!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card